I haven’t written about this in a while, and even though I no longer live in Texas, my heart is still there and I want to visit as much as I can. So I have to keep up my Texas-speak. Here is today’s crash course.
You might be a Texan if:
- You have ever had this conversation:
You wanna coke?
2. You don’t want a Texan to say
You don’t know whether to scratch your watch or wind your butt
3. You DO want a Texan to say you’re tough as an old boot.
4. When you hear a tornado siren you go outside and look for a funnel cloud.
5. You don’t want a Texan to say you’d gripe if you was going to be hung with a brand new rope.
6. You do want a Texan to say you’re sweet as sorghum…or…you clean uo good. (This last usually before a date.
7. You aren’t surprised to find movie rentals, ammunition, chewing tobacco and bait in the same store.
8. You don’t want a Texan to say you’re dumb as a box of hammers (or rocks).
9. You do want a Texan to say you know your manners like your momma taught you.
And here is one thing to always remember:
Don’t squat with your spurs on!
Next lesson coming next month, along with more Texas lore. In the meantime, get your Texas fix with one of my latest releases, Where Danger Hides. This is Book #! of Corporate Heat, about a mega conglomerate located…where else?…Texas, a mega state.
After a night of wild sex with a total stranger, Taylor Scott never expected to see the man again. What a shock when he walked into her office weeks later as the representative of the father she never knew she had, a man who’d left her his entire empire. With
Her father’s killers still at large and vultures hovering to pick apart his massive corporation, Noah Cantrell soon becomes the only person she can trust. He’s also the man who teaches her the pleasures of erotic love, demanding her body even as he sets barriers to any kind of personal relationship – because Noah has a dark secret he never shares, one that prevents him from ever opening himself up to anyone again except in bed. As the two follow a treacherous path through the world of corporate intrigue, a path that takes them from the corporate boardroom to the jungles of Mexico, with the sex growing hotter by the night, can Taylor find a way break through that wall he’s built around himself? A BIG STORY SET IN A BIG STATE
Check out my Amazon page for all me books, old and new