At least once a week, one of the family says, “Make us some biscuits, pleeeeeeze!” I can’t resist that sweet little pleeeeeze, so I get out the buttermilk and whip these up. It’s a simple recipe and the results are mouthwatering. Give it a try!
~~this recipe makes 10 biscuits, so double it if you have a hungry bunch~~
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, very cold
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (425°F if you have a convection oven.)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, or in the bowl of a food processor.
- Cut the butter into chunks and cut into the flour until it resembles coarse meal.
- If using a food processor, just pulse a few times until this consistency is achieved.
- Add the buttermilk and mix JUST until combined.
- If it appears on the dry side, add a bit more buttermilk. It should be very wet.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board.
- Gently, gently PAT (do NOT roll with a rolling pin) the dough out until it’s about 1/2″ thick.
- Fold the dough 5 times.
- Gently press the dough down to 1 inch thick.
- Use a round cutter to cut into circles.
- Place the biscuits on a cookie sheet-if you like soft sides, put them touching each other.
- If you like “crusty” sides, put them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes-the biscuits will be a beautiful light golden brown on top and bottom.
So now you have my secret family recipe (which I think my sister-in-law found online somewhere) but these are great with soup, and warmed up the next morning they make great egg sandwiches. My favorite is a biscuit hot from the oven, spread with butter and dripping honey. I hope your cowboys and cowgirls enjoy these as much as mine do!
And now, I need to figure out a way to work these biscuits into a love scene in one of my books. Hmmm, honey, butter, biscuit. Any ideas for me?
“Rode Hard and Put Up Satisfied”
Facebook Fan Page
My Books – read the first chapters and find buy links:
–A Naughty Little Christmas
–All Hat No Cattle: A Red Hot and BOOM! Story only $.99
–All Cash No Flash: A Red Hot Treat Story only $.99
–Redneck Romeo: A Red Hot Valentine Story only $.99
–Chase and Seduction
–Heart of Steele
–Double Her Fantasy
–Double Her Pleasure
–Double Her Temptation
–Double Her Destiny only $.99
–Cowboy 6 Pack only $.99
–Tall, Dark and Paranormal only $.99
–Cowboy Jackpot: Christmas
–Cowboy Jackpot: Valentine’s Day
–Cowboy Jackpot: St. Patrick’s Day
–Her Cowboy Stud
–Turn Up the Heat
–Cowboy Bad Boys
-Free Read! A Gentleman and a Cowboy is available at Amazon, Smashwords, All Romance Ebooks, Diesel Ebook Store, Barnes and Noble