1) They wear chaps. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen an actual man in actual chaps. (Not the kind with bare butts that you see as jokes on television). The real, leather, dusty, cowboy stalking toward you in chaps. Trust me. You’ll never be the same.
2) Long, slow, devastating kisses. Men who live in the wild country know a good thing when they see it, and know where to spend time. Kissing is one of those things, and these guys love to practice and get it right.
3) They’re comfortable in the wild. Montana is wide, open, and wild. This is a man who braves the elements, the wildlife, and the land itself…and wins.
4) They’re survivors. Again, if the world goes to crap, these guys survive…and will make sure you survive, too. They hunt, they fish, and they endure.
5) A life full of contrasts. Ever see a tough guy break a bronc? Yeah? How about the same guy picking wild flowers on the way to a date? Sure, he might have to fight off bear and wild moose, but he’ll win, and hand over that bouquet. How can you not love that?
6) They’re protective. How can they not be? They know what’s out there—hungry bear, rampaging moose, and even tulip-eating deer. This guy will jump in front of you and a snarling wolf…in a second.
7) Hard bodies. This is not to be ignored. Working outside, riding stallions…it leads to some very impressive muscles. Ripped abs are okay to love. Honest!
8) They appreciate femininity…and strength. Hey, it’s not easy living somewhere the weather can be out to get you. This is a guy that’ll appreciate your strong side…and be just as happy with your heels and pearls. Unless your car breaks down in the snowstorm. Then you should wear boots, which I’m sure he will have already made sure were in your car…just in case.
9) Right and wrong matter. Justice and honor still have a place in a lot of hearts, and especially in a real cowboy’s heart.
10) They love completely. There’s no half-way for a guy who fights nature on a daily basis, so when he give his heart, it’s the total deal.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my top ten list today. Ever meet a real cowboy? Just curious. I have, and all of these things are true. 🙂