By Em Petrova
Since I write hardworking heroes—in bed and out—I write a lot of country boys. From cowboys to loggers and even a hot country orthodontist, you’ll find they all have something in common. Here are the top 5 things:
1. They’re all good with their hands. Whether wielding a chainsaw, roping cattle, or even applying the finest braces to your child’s mouth (LIP LOCK available for pre-order http://www.amazon.com/Lip-Lock-Country-Fever-ebook/dp/B00BUKRAN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371388525&sr=8-1&keywords=lip+lock+em+petrova ) these guys know how to use those big, rough hands! And you know what that means, don’t ya?
2. Worn jeans—yep, my guys might get dressed up for a funeral or wedding but you’ll catch them lounging in worn jeans slung oh, so low on those fine hips!
3. Hats of all kinds. We’re talking leather Stetsons, grubby ball caps, knit caps pulled low over smoldering eyes, and straw cowboy hats. Pull the hat off and you’ve got mussed hair perfect for running your fingers through!
4. A dominant streak in the bedroom. These guys are used to commanding nature and beast. They aren’t going to sit back and let their gal take control in the bedroom—at least not for very long! Be prepared to be shoved against a wall, bent over a tree, or sprawled over a hay bale!
5. Drool-worthy glares—these country boys aren’t fooling around. You cross them and you’re gonna know it. They can deliver a glare that will make the biggest, strongest bully wet his pants. But when they turn those stares to their women, you’d better watch out. Fun is about to take place!
Thanks for stopping by! I’d love to hear your favorite thing about country boys. Leave a comment for a chance to win a goody bag stuffed with Author Swag—playing cards, post-it notes, and some surprises!
Now read on for a peek at my latest country boy, DALLAS from DALLAS NIGHTS.
“Dallas.” She threw herself at him. Wrapping her arms around him and hitching her legs around his waist, she crushed her mouth to his. The sweet flavors burst on his tongue—vanilla and sweet Ellie.
A groan ripped from his chest as he held and kissed her, letting the tension build. For long heartbeats they were still, learning the contours of each other’s lips again. He cradled her face, angled her head, and plunged his tongue deep.
She opened to him at once, gasping around his invasion. The velvety-hot feel of her tongue against his fanned flames of desire that had never been doused. But six years later, he wanted more. And he wanted it on his terms.
He backed her against the truck, pinning her. Locking his hands under her ass, he rocked his erection into her mound.
A ragged sigh left her, and he devoured it. Scooped it out with his tongue and fed her a growl in return. She wiggled against him, and he slipped his hands over the curves of her upper thighs. Out of his head with need, he jerked his hips, digging his cock into her pussy.
The desire to erase all trace of Nathan Rafferty or any other man since Dallas drove him on. She might not be his now, but he was damn well going to show her that she should be.
She knocked his hat off and tangled her fingers in his hair. Small squeaks erupted from her. Bracing her between his body and two tons of steel, he peeled off his flannel, then her tank top. The tiny triangles of lace covering her full breasts made his cock ache.
She pinched the cloth between his shoulder blades and hauled his T-shirt off over his head. He caught her gaze before slamming his mouth over hers again.
Violence welled within him—not the need to hurt her, but to claim her. Grinding a thigh between her legs, he sucked her tongue. She skimmed her hands over his chest, arms, and the planes of his back.
Long ago, he’d whispered, “I’ll go gentle, Ellie-girl.”
Now he groaned, “This isn’t going to be gentle. I can’t wait another minute for you.”
“Mmm.” She bit at his lower lip, which only drew his beast to the surface.
He whirled away from the truck with her and spread her on the soft grass around the pond where they’d been lovers years before. Her hair tumbled around her face, her ponytail elastic lost. Staring up at him, she smiled.
Could he allow himself to feel for her again? He shoved down the emotion and palmed her breasts. The weight in his hands was like coming home.
~hardworking heroes—in bed and out~