We recently received a newsletter in the mail from our insurance company. After all the serious stuff about natural disasters and weatherproofing your windows and cleaning the lint out of your dryer, it ended with a fun little list of how to Identify a Texan. (That’s an important skill, I’m sure, when it comes to identifying Authentic Texas Cowboys.)
Mr. Lyons and I thought it was a fun list worth sharing.
You know you’re a Texan if:
1) You can properly pronounce: Pecos, Terlingua, Lajitas, Corsicana, Decatur, Boerne, Nacogdoches, Mexia, Balmorhea, Iraan, and Bexar (& just for grins, let me share that spellcheck strongly disagrees with all but two of these!).
2) You know that the value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade. (Amen! I’ll take the chance of bird poop over a scalding hot interior any day.)
3) You aren’t surprised to find movie rentals, ammunition and bait all in the same store.
4) Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.
5) Forget miles, you measure distance in minutes–or hours.
6) You’ve seen more than one rodeo cowboy wearing a belt buckle bigger than your hand.
7) You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
8) Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:
“You wanna coke?”
🙂 On the writing front, Tied Between Two Lovers has just come out in print! If you enjoy emotional, sex-riddled menage stories, check it out.
Larissa Lyons loves all things historical and feline. She also has a soft spot for hard cowboys. Currently “hard” at work on finishing her current sexy Regency romance, she’s eager to turn her pen back to cowboys soon. Learn more by visiting LarissaLyons.com.