Most people don’t write a bucket list. Until that movie, The Bucket List, with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman came out in 2007, I had never even heard of a bucket list. Guess my head was in the sand on that one. LOL. So today, I gave this some thought and here is what I came up with and why.
1) Visit Scotland. My Cursed MacKinnons series is set in Scotland. It’s about seven brothers who were turned to stone in 1740 Scotland. The women they were destined to be with are setting them free in today’s time. I’ve studied Scotland in travel books and spoken with a lovely lass and fellow author, to make sure I get it right. But I’m sure it’s nothing compared to actually visiting and getting the feel of the country in person.
2) Visit Ireland. My mother’s family was from Ireland. I’d love to visit it and do the one thing she didn’t while she was there. She wouldn’t hang upside down and kiss the Blarney Stone. She was afraid they’d drop her.
3) Get Organized. I’m extremely disorganized. I’m lucky to find my shoes and my keys in time to rush out the door for work. I’m not a hoarder but I do have stuff shoved in boxes with the intent to get it filed someday. In this aspect, I wish I was more like my good friend and fellow author, C.H. Admirand. If I had a tenth of her organizational skills, I would be happily semi-organized.
4) Be Debt Free. I think this is self-explanatory.
5) My Own Office Space. We have been in the process for four years building an addition to our home. It’s supposed to be my office space. Unfortunately, I’m waiting on the electrician (my husband) to finish his portion of the process and of course we need money to finish it.
6) Hit the lottery. This would help rectify numbers 4 and 5. Oh and maybe even number 3 because I could hire someone to organize me. HaHaHa.
7) Make use of my Agent. I have a wonderful agent, Eric Ruben. He’s been patiently waiting for me to send him something ‘good’ to represent. Hopefully, this year will be the year I give him the novel to beat all novels and enter him and I into a bidding war with the major publishing houses. I can dream, can’t I?
8) Ellora’s Cave Publishing. These people have been wonderful to my family and me. I hope to become one of their top earners in the world of Erotic Romance. Maybe land in the same category as Jaid Black, Laurann Dohner, and Ann Jacobs. That would be a perfectly comfortable spot for me
9) Have a clean House. Number 6 would come into play on this one as well. I could hire a maid. Instead of those sexy women that are advertise for the hubby’s to hire to clean, I want the hot chiseled men, who clean in their undies, g-string, whatever. Not sure the house would get clean but at least it would be fun watching them try.
And last but not least, the one thing this author wants most before she dies.
10) Hit the New York Times Best seller list. Self-explanatory. What author doesn’t want to see their book on that list before they die?
I’m Celebrating the latest release in the Cursed MacKinnons series Haunted Laird available at Ellora’s Cave Publishing.
I love writing this series about Hot Scottish Lairds, who have fallen to a curse. Delve into their world and unite to help free them. Join the MacKinnon Clan on my website.
Thanks so much for letting me blog on your site. It’s been greatly appreciated. I’m hoping everyone who reads this will share at least one thing from his or her personal bucket list with me here on this blog.
I’ve shown you mine now show me yours. LOL.
Hot Romance~Sexy Attitude